Friday, February 5, 2010

Persistence

Adele has a natural quality for Persistence. I admire it as a quality, especially when trying to pass a law in congress, or save starving children in Africa, but when it is for a bunny, well, it can get a little tiresome for parents.

She talks about it constantly (as in-between every math problem); she probably thinks about it more. She has a jar upstairs and down for any spare change that may come up daily. She has sign-up sheets for foot rubs around the house. She asks if there is a job she can do several times a day (although she is rather particular about jobs she'll take because she isn't all that interested in working...). She watches videos on how to take care of bunnies, and she has been scouting out places in the yard suitable for a bunny hutch. She prays nightly that she'll get the bunny by Tennie's birthday (March 22nd). Like I said, I admire her persistence. I like that she'll do what it takes to get what she wants. What I don't love is the feeling that life can not go on with any meaning until she has her bunny. She loves animals, and I do think she'll love it and take care of it...so we're doing what we can to support the bunny fund.

"I'd like another foot rub, please."

1 comment:

ashley said...

ah, the selective work thing...we totally have that. I want a job...but only if it's wiping the table or something else that takes 2 minutes tops! that said, I would drop my spare change in the money jar if I were there...I love our bunny and I think the Davis family needs another animal! (misery loves company!)