
Geoff's parents, lovingly known as Mormor and Poppop to the grandkids, took the girls to the Auburn Rodeo yesterday. Auburn is a fabulous small town. The people are salt of the earth. And one-in-three own a cowboy hat. It was only fitting that the girls go to their first rodeo while here. They loved it. Adele emphatically exclaimed it was the best outing she had ever been to. I wanted her to think more critically; I asked if it was better than the Monaco Circus, or Carnival in Venice. Without hesitation...YES! Deep down in Adele's heart she is a true cowgirl.


While the girls were in their big-buckle heaven Geoff and I went on hiking on a nearby trail and had some uninterrupted conversation. Thank you to Mormor and Poppop who provided us with a perfect day...on their anniversary!
3 comments:
now that's a rodeo! we used to go to rodeo's every summer when we visited my grandparents. aftewards they had a big country dance out under the stars...so fun! how lucky you are to have grandparents around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh shoot, I'm not illiterate, I know rodeos has no apostrophe! it's late!
and HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Glad you were able to enjoy yourselves while the kids were having such a fun day as well!
Post a Comment