Sunday, August 29, 2010

Last weeks of summer

These past weeks I have been generally neglectful in posting anything. I have been busy re-organizing our school space, planning for a fun, fall exploration of the Gold Rush, looking through old curriculum to see where we left off and how we want to move forward, and spending a great deal of thought on how to fit in everything I want to in providing spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and social nourishment.

In the meantime, the girls have been keeping themselves entertained, and Geoff has been especially supportive in taking them on long outings to give me some quiet space and time. While we haven't been thorough in our picture taking, I do have a few to share...

Ceci on the shed roof to get the high peaches. Geoff has been making use of every last peach by drying them in the dehydrator. Yum yum.


Playing in the American River


Thank goodness for this Walmart swimming pool!

A rigged up horse using the balance beam that usually goes down the upstairs hallway

Back to the river on an overnight camp out with Geoff (the temperatures were a record-breaking 110 that day!)

Helping each other through strong currents

Beautiful scenery

Looking somewhat rested...

I include this picture only to show my champion husband. Look how tired he looks!

Campsite right on the river

Kipper had the time of his life


Adele and Ceci got a Frosty Freeze on the way home (something they have begged for since we moved in last summer!)


Friday we went into Sacramento and had lunch with Geoff's dad

An afternoon at Sutter's Fort

Tennie always loves an excuse to get in costume

Tennie helping pump the billows to keep the fire going in the Blacksmith shop

There have also been bike rides and baking, board games and blackberry picking, gathering grapes and leaving them in the sun to make raisins, and rehearsals have begun for Cinderella where Tennie is a narrator and Adele and Ceci are mice.

Phew! I'm caught up.

No comments: