Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Birthday brother Mitch!


My brother Mitch paid a nice tribute to me on my birthday on his blog, so I'm doing one back!

Aside from making me carry his books to school when I was in the first grade (he is five years older), and throwing spear grass at me, and painting beards on my Barbies, and encouraging me down sledding hills with unseen jumps, and all other Big Brother behaviors, I love the following things about my oldest brother:

1. He turned nice in high school, and made me feel like I was an equal when his high school friends were around. He did the same in college. We had countless good times together during those years.

2. When I first got my driver's license Mitch stopped his stick-shift car on a very steep hill, got out of the car and said, "You're up!" From stick-shift driving to golf to volleyball Mitch is an exceptionally patient teacher. I always felt great while learning something new.

3. Mitch is a great friend. I love to hang out with him doing just about anything.

4. Mitch is incredibly creative. Whenever I need an idea for a poster, a name for this or that, or anything that needs a bit of creative juice, I call Mitch and he gives me a dozen great ideas.

5. Mitch is funny and always has been. He has the ability to make me laugh easily.

6. No matter how many setbacks (and he has had his share) he always moves forward with an admirable positive attitude. He has the ability to pick himself back up and move forward with every intention to succeed.

7. Once when coming home for Christmas (in my 20s) Mitch picked me up from the airport in a 70s suit that was about four sizes too small, and was holding a sign with my name. He also dresses up in the most outlandish costumes for Halloween. He loves to do crazy things.

8. Mitch makes and keeps friends. He is very easy to like.

9. Mitch loves childhood. He loves Halloween, Santa and all things imaginative and magical. As a result he is the favorite uncle/parent's friend of all time to all children. Every time he calls the girls he tells them he wishes he could hit them with a pillow.

And last but hardly least...

10. Mitch is a devoted father, and his son Tag is so incredibly lucky to have him as a dad.

Happy Birthday Mitch!

1 comment:

Mitch Brinton said...

Thanks for this nice tribute, Doo. I love you. Weets.