Thursday, August 11, 2011

Preserve the asset

Years ago when I was weary from carrying too heavy a load at too fast a pace Geoff encouraged me to get away, to slow down and to identify resources that could support me. He told me we needed to "preserve the asset". As you know, when mom isn't happy, no one is happy. (I like knowing that I'm an asset...somewhere...somehow!)

With the school year fast approaching, and my hopeful lazy summer quickly diminishing, I mentioned to Geoff that it would be nice to get away and get some R&R, get focused and prepare for a new school year. Before I knew it I was on a plane to Southern Utah to visit my mom with Geoff waving me off saying, "We'll be great here! Enjoy yourself!" Man, I got a good one.

Geoff and the girls are in San Francisco eating ice cream sundaes at Ghiradelli and going to the Picasso exhibit. Since there probably won't be any pictures I thought I would at least give it a mention. Meanwhile, I'm looking at math curriculum and researching extracurricular activities, and enjoying a nice slow pace. I can feel my very low battery recharging...

1 comment:

ashley said...

How wonderful! I need one of those weekends...you'll have to let me know what you decide to use for Math!