Sunday, January 12, 2014

J'aime L'Art Party

Adele had her birthday party yesterday choosing, J'aime L'Art as her theme.  And it is fitting since that kid loves to create, and adores anything French!  When we looked online for ideas it seemed every "art" party was for preschoolers so we did some brainstorming about how to make it fitting for a 12-year-old's party.  I think we hit the mark because her friends all said they want to have this party for their birthday parties this year!


Trying to create an "art studio" feel, Adele drew a variety of frames for the walls.

The girls started off painting their initial.

The wooden figures are waiting their turn...

Next each girl designed an outfit for their wooden model using scraps and knots.

They could have done this for hours.  That is Adele's to the far right, next to hers is Tennie's, and Ceci's is the third from the right.

Next they did Nail Art using some awesome art pens.  I was on blow dryer duty...


We had lunch which was croissant ham and cheese sandwiches, chips and veggie cups with Ranch.  For anyone who knows Adele, gumballs are a must.

And the last creation of the party was to decorate your cupcake (which we all learned takes some skill!)

Adele passed on the little rosettes I had imagined...

Adele's great group of friends

Tennie, Adele and Ceci all made me laugh when I looked at this picture
The only thing that could have made it better is if her friend Nina, and her cousin, Taeya, could have been there!

1 comment:

bostonshumways said...

I love this darcie! What a great idea. Hazel would love this too. Love all those creative minds over there!