| The girls had their first piano recital. Ceci broke out in serious giggles while playing her piece which loosened up the formality of the whole affair. |
| Joann, Tag & Pack came for an overnight visit. What a treat! Those little cousins are irresistible! |
Ceci tried out for two movies but didn't get the parts.
I got my hair cut short.
I'm putting in lots of hours as the stake Young Women's president. We're doing a multi-stake youth conference this summer and I'm sort of the designated project manager over the event. I'm pretty good at this kind of organization, but I'm not swimming in time so it is a little tricky balancing the many important things in my life. It is also a little challenging going back into my project management, type-A personality mode when it seems as though the last five years of homeschooling have tried to squeeze those natural instincts out of me. So I go back and forth from super efficiency to trying to herd cats (imaginative, creative and curious cats who don't share my love of structured organization and no-nonsense efficiency).
![]() |
| The girls had a recital for their triple-threat class (singing, dancing, acting) at The Children's Theater |
Adele is a city girl and Geoff didn't have to twist her arm too hard for this temple trip plan. She loved exploring the city, and while Geoff was in his board meeting she shadowed the Kiva office manager helping with all of the office tasks like filling up the snacks and preparing intern kits, etc. She felt like queen for the day.
![]() |
| Now that is a Dog Walker! |
Adele and I worked hard at finding some family names for her to take to the temple. Being new at geneology we had a strong learning curve, but we came up with two Danish ancestors, and we feel like we know a whole family's story. She and Geoff had a lovely experience.
Meanwhile Tennie, Ceci and I drove to San Diego (stopping in St. George to break up the drive) and met up with Geoff and Adele who flew in. My good friend Monica and I had our 5th Motherhood Retreat at a beach house in Coronado. These are friends we pulled together when our babies were small and we've been meeting together every other year. This year our theme was, "Making Our Homes a MTC (Missionary Training Center)". With missionaries leaving at a younger age we parents are responsible to prepare them while we have them at home. We focused on spiritual, emotional, mental, physical and social preparation. Each session was loaded with insight and good, applicable ideas. This group of deliberate mothers is a cherished resource during these years of mothering!
But not only did we feast on motivating discussions and meaningful side conversations, we also had amazing weather! I didn't realize how famished my soul was for the beach and ocean! So I took some long walks and spent as much time in the sand as I could during my brief stay. The beach house had ten bikes so ten of us took a cruise around the island admiring the adorable homes and taking in the warm breeze and general pleasure of it all.
| We're missing a few but this was our group this year |
![]() |
| They found a ropes course somewhere |
They picked me up and, after a quick stop in La Jolla to show the girls where Geoff proposed, we drove to LA to stay with Geoff's brother, Christian and his wife, Heather.
![]() |
| The bench where Geoff (with the involvement of all of his siblings) proposed |
It was so fun visiting with them, although it wasn't nearly enough time. Sandwiched between two nights of visiting we spent the day at Disneyland. We thought a random Monday at the end of January might be a calm day at Disneyland. Nope. And a handful of the most popular rides were closed too. Despite the crowds and closed rides we had a great day with perfect weather. We hadn't been to Disneyland since Ceci was a baby. This was actually her award trip for stopping sucking her thumb (about three-four years ago).
![]() |
| Minnie is awesome, but not as awesome as Tennie's fishnet, rainbow tights. I love teenage expression! |
![]() |
| Ready for The Matterhorn... |
![]() |
| I don't know what we're doing here but it looks frightening |
It was a quick, fun-packed trip. Now we're home and recovering and trying to get back on track after a very busy January.
Catch up on blog. Check.



























1 comment:
Nicely done! Fun to see the pictures- love you guys!!
Post a Comment