Ceci got out of school a week later than her sisters. During her last week of school her class performed The Loathy Lady (Ceci played the Loathly Lady). It was so well done, and Ceci was amazing.
She and Bailey had a lot of fans there.
While Ceci finished up school with field trips and parties and promises to see friends throughout the summer, Adele jumped into relaxing summer activities: caring for and painting in her garden!
She and I joined available family to celebrate Nikki's birthday with a picnic in Sundance.
The young women in our ward had their own Pinewood Derby, only no rules. It was so fun to see what the young women came up with, and the races provided a lot of laughs. It was a darling activity.
Ceci's Tiger racer's wheels broke just before the activity. She was devastated, but it deserved a photoshoot nonetheless.
Tennie and I laughed our heads off at taking this selfie. I'm not sure what was funny!
Tennie's car is the purple with orange flames, and Adele's is simply pink!
Adele's car came in third! (Although competition wasn't super stiff...)
Geoff was in the Domincan Republic working on a micro-finance pilot for work. He stopped in New York to see a YGL friend, and did a little fencing with her son. He also fits in time at the beach whenever possible.
Adele and I also went to a lake up American Fork canyon with some family to celebrate Erica's birthday. Perfect lake day, COLD water!
When Ceci had her last day we started what has turned out to be a lovely, calm summer! We kicked it off with a piece of this YUM.
Geoff and I started a 12-week Financial Planning class put on through our stake; it is a part of the Self-Reliance department. Geoff was not a part of building this curriculum, but it is as awesome as the other classes and we've learned a lot. We're motivated to get our financial act together and are living a bit slim this summer as we begin to figure things out. It feels good.
This is what shows up on my phone when the girls take my phone to City Creek.
The girls all went to Girl's Camp for a week and I STAYED HOME! It was delightful to have some time to tackle some projects and move at my own pace. Geoff was a priesthood-on-duty for 2 days and 2 nights too. I went up for one day, which was fun. Most of these pictures were taken by one of the young women.
The day I went the girls did a ropes course and team building games. Sister Bonnie Oscarson, the General Young Women's president, is in our stake and came to speak to the girls at a true fireside.
The following week Ceci was off to Brighton Camp, a weeklong camp especially for Beehives. I didn't get a single picture, but she had a great time and made some new friends. She sure was exhausted, though! Two days after she returned we were off to McCall, Idaho for a week!






















No comments:
Post a Comment