Sunday, June 28, 2009

Paris - day three

We spent a lot of time walking around; going nowhere in particular. We made our way to Montemarte and had a picnic in front of the Sacre Coeur. There was a movie being filmed at the base of the hill and we watched that for awhile.


We discovered the best patisserie in Paris (and believe me, we tried a lot of them) and sat there a long while - going back for seconds and thirds. We enjoyed the architecture, the energy, the food, and the magic of Paris all day. It was our last day and we wished we had more time!

The girls were more than willing to pay 99 cents for these baguettes.

3 comments:

Lisita said...

I don't know if you remember me but I'm a friend of Rachel Dahl's and Liz Raybould's. We ran into you last year just before your move when we were at a park by your old house. Anyway, I served my mission in France and have peaked at your blog occasionally. It's been so fun to see your adventures and remember the country I love so much. I'd love to know what patiserrie was your favorite in Paris, we are hoping to go there next year. If you have a second just leave a comment on my blog, allergylog.blogspot.com
Thank-you and best wishes to all of you as you return back to the states.

ashley said...

YUM! Thirds at the patisserie...the girls must be in heaven!

Kate said...

Hey Darcie! We are in Denver for the whole of July. While you are visiting your Dad, we'd love to see you! Try my cell...425-971-2389, or at my folks..303-688-9864.
I'm excited to see you!!