Thursday, August 20, 2009

A visit from the Serafins!

Our great friends from Washington came to Auburn for a 3-day visit and it was GREAT to see them! The girls anticipated their arrival with as much anxiety and countdown as Christmas morning. This was our "family" in the Northeast, and it was as familiar to see them as if we had seen them last week...except for a new member to the family!

Aside from the repercussions of the girl's sleepover pact that whoever woke up first would wake everyone else up (and it is always fun to be the first...), Ashley and I had a lot of talking time, and the kids played really well together.


Looking for larger fish in the pond...

and trying to catch smaller fish in the stream

Sela stalking...

Tennie catching...

Rollin watching; Kipper trying to stay awake but falling asleep...

Waist deep in muck and water (Tennie was in heaven...)

A sled turned aquarium

Ceci caught a water spider (I love how many pictures I have of Ceci with creatures between her fingers)

A campfire and sleep out

Tennie and Sela in one tent... (Kipper made himself comfortable)

Geoff, Adele, Ceci and Nina in another (Ashely and I getting a peaceful night's sleep indoors)

Lots of swimming...

Ashley and her sumo-style-chub son, Evan

An occasional movie saved ALL of us


Over sized summer squash babies left on the counter


See you next summer, Serafins!

1 comment:

ashley said...

We had so much fun, Darcie! I'm going to have to steal some of your photos. I didn't take half as many as I'd like of the kids the first two days because I was feeling so crummy!