Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Back in the saddle

Well, after some very busy weeks I am going to get back in the saddle with this blog!

It has been raining for two weeks and we are getting some serious cabin fever. As I type Geoff is having the girls run the stairs in an attempt to prepare them for bed. It seems counter productive but they are literally unable to sit still by the end of these cooped-up days. (It reminds us of those very long winters in Washington!) In addition, Geoff and I have been so focused on tasks, and keeping all of our balls up in the air, that we haven't been doing too many fun outings or activities with the girls. Poor neglected little waifs...

The other day the girls and I went to a rock store because Adele declared that she wanted to collect rocks. At the store Ceci found some rocks she really liked and asked if she could borrow some money. She assured me she had enough at home to pay me back. Yesterday in the late afternoon I asked to be paid back. We pulled out her money box and she was about $3.75 short (the rocks cost $4.33). I told her I would hold her allowance until she had paid her amount...which will take about 5 weeks. In defiance she declared that she didn't care about allowance anyway. A short time later we were waiting for Geoff's dad, Keenan, to come home so we could celebrate his birthday. He was almost an hour late. While we were waiting Ceci fell of a chair and hit her head. She bemoaned, "This is a terrible birthday. The birthday boy is late, I'm bankrupt, and I just got hurt!"

Adele gave Kipper a late Christmas present. Ever heard of the expression, "You lucky dog"?!

Two nights ago the girls came to dinner like this, expressions and all.

Yesterday we asked the girls to calm down for our morning devotional (more stair running). When I looked over at Ceci this is what I saw...

3 comments:

ashley said...

Kipper, I'm glad Kona is not an inside dog and looking over my shoulder. He would be so jealous.

Love the meditating Ceci. And the haircut! She looks adorable. Although you could give her a buzz cut and she would still be the cutest thing around!

Glad you're back in the blogging saddle since I am currently up several times a night and have plenty of time to read!

April Cobb said...

I have seen the looks on the girl's faces before... they are the same drama look you give when you are being funny. Bless them!

David & Vanessa said...

Hh how funny. I love your stories and the cute things your girls say.