Saturday, July 17, 2010

On to Utah...

I'm totally delinquent writing about this trip. First I was waiting for some pictures from my dad, then...well...I just didn't get around to it. I'm enjoying a lazy summer. Lazy is all relative, of course. It seems like our days are still full and yet I'm not getting much done. And for the time being I'm okay with that. Geoff often tells me to "sit down" because I'm in constant motion. The thing is, if I stop I lose momentum; I don't have any desire to go again. And I'm in that place of no momentum. Zip.

Where am I getting the gumption to write this post? Well, the girls want me to sit out in the 110 degree weather and watch them swim. I overheat at about 85 degrees. So I have "things to do" and am sitting under an AC vent catching up on this trip that is well over. Sweet (and cool) neglect.

After a fun visit with Ingrid's family we drove to Salt Lake to spend time with my dad. His cancer has moved into his lungs and he is slowing down, generally. We had a great visit, albeit brief.

Taking the dogs, Charlie and Ella, on a walk (a ritual when visiting Grandpa)

Stopping to pet the horses near the park

My dad opened a "clinic" when Tennie hurt something or other, and when his treatment included a massage the patients began to line up.

Ceci obviously had a broken neck, and Adele's foot was broken and wrapped in an ace bandage.

Ceci's treatment

We took my dad up Provo Canyon to Sundance. He had never been, and it is one of our favorite places in Utah in the summer.

We took the girl's little cousin Bailey along.




We count our blessings that we could squeeze this little Utah side trip in before heading back to Idaho for my mom's family's reunion in Yellowstone.

No comments: