Watching the three of them was one of those parenting moments when I am so full of love and joy, and I know that the snapshot in my memory is all I get to take home with me. The next time I pull it out of my memory, the love and joy felt at the time will be accompanied with a longing. A longing to stand and see it again, to be there...only I don't get to. It is a love that hurts.
Friday, July 23, 2010
Three little dancers
The girls went to a dance camp these last few weeks. It was a sampling of ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, music theater, and tumbling, and they LOVED it. Geoff and I watched them through a small window. We noticed Tennie's long body and marveled at how grown up she has become this last year, emotionally and socially as well as physically. She was so eager to have the grace and strength of her teachers. Adele is so close to mastering cross-lateral movements, and she has the flexibility and strength required of just about any sport out there. And cute little Ceci was trying so hard to do the moves the big girls could do, We soaked up her smallness (it seems to be passing so quickly), and her oblivion to her panties hanging out of her leotard.
Watching the three of them was one of those parenting moments when I am so full of love and joy, and I know that the snapshot in my memory is all I get to take home with me. The next time I pull it out of my memory, the love and joy felt at the time will be accompanied with a longing. A longing to stand and see it again, to be there...only I don't get to. It is a love that hurts.






Watching the three of them was one of those parenting moments when I am so full of love and joy, and I know that the snapshot in my memory is all I get to take home with me. The next time I pull it out of my memory, the love and joy felt at the time will be accompanied with a longing. A longing to stand and see it again, to be there...only I don't get to. It is a love that hurts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment