After we got home from our visit to 1849 last weekend I told the girls I wanted them to show me what they had learned. It could be a story, a song, a picture, a play, etc. The costume box was immediately seized upon...a play it would be.
A few days later there were some signs around the house:
(There are some fun details on this poster if you take the time to look closely. My favorite is the picture of Geoff's dad, Poppop, who has lost some weight recently...)
They sold some flowers to give to the actresses after the show, and petals to throw at their feet as the bowed.
The play was about a teacher who was distressed because she couldn't get married.

She went on with her duties but continued to fret over her strict rules.

The next scene the teacher sang a solo that began, "Rules, rules, rules...too many rules..." She was really getting sick and tired of it.

In a low moment she went to the saloon in town (which was against the rules, of course).


A wild cowboy came in and slammed his fist on the table demanding, "Redbull!"

The police came and gave the teacher a ticket, and suspended her from her teaching position. She then sang a song that began, "I'm free, I'm free!"
The end.
Kids learn the darnedest things...
1 comment:
I am really sorry I missed this play. I have great respect for the creativity of the writers, producer, director, and of course, the ACTORS!
Post a Comment