Saturday, September 18, 2010

Happy Birthday to Geoff...

39 things I love about Geoff:
  1. He gets a lot of upgrades and free stuff everywhere we go just because he asks...and because he is so darn likable.
  2. He does a mean Downward Dog which didn't come because of natural flexibility but because of stick-to-itiveness.
  3. He puts the toilet seat down after using it! Always has.
  4. He gives me a lot of really nice rubs nearly every time he passes me.
  5. He's handy, and actually loves to figure out how things work.
  6. He eats really well and takes good care of his body.
  7. He is a voracious learner and always has a stack of books next to his bed about all sorts of things.
  8. He appreciates beauty in all forms: architecture, music, art, nature, etc.
  9. He cleans up after himself!
  10. He is a great, inventive chef.
  11. He's helpful around the house, with the girl's schooling, or taking over when my to-do list is overwhelming for me.
  12. Female friends love him because he is genuinely interested in how they are, what they are doing (even if it is something seemingly ordinary), and notices a new haircut or sweater.
  13. He is a great teacher of anything from how to tie a shoe or determine the perimeter of a shape to how to use a computer program or understand a profound gospel principle.
  14. He is incredibly resourceful.
  15. His creativity is boundless.
  16. He is affectionate.
  17. He is incredibly smart.
  18. Most of the time he is in the moment with whomever he is with or whatever he is doing.
  19. He is very courageous.
  20. He is hard-working and will do what it takes to get a job done.
  21. He willingly listens to my "emoting" (the phrase he made up for my emotional spewing) without any response other than, "Hmmm", or "Mmmm, that's hard".
  22. He takes command of my ship when I'm exhausted.
  23. He is unbelievably patient with small and big things alike.
  24. He is an open, honest, fair and eager communicator.
  25. He doesn't allow any distractions in his life.
  26. He wants to change the world.
  27. He is endlessly optimistic (which helps in #26!)
  28. He is aware, and lifts up, those that are down and out.
  29. He has a great desire to become like the Savior.
  30. He has a deep and open relationship with God.
  31. He is faithful.
  32. He is obedient.
  33. He is diligent.
  34. He has the most admirable amount of self-discipline and self-control.
  35. He is selfless.
  36. He is humble.
  37. He takes his priesthood responsibilities very seriously and his presiding, protecting and providing influence is felt strongly in our family.
  38. He is a dedicated and adoring dad to three very lucky little girls.
  39. He is my dearest, most loyal friend.
And YES, I think I am the luckiest woman in the world!

If you happen to read this, even a month from now, please leave a little comment with something YOU love or admire about Geoff.

We had a birthday dinner for Geoff last night since his parents, Emily and Bailey are leaving town today. The tissue wear is his bluffing excitement over getting tissue in the girl's gift bags. What he really got were some of their favorite treasures. Here is opening Adele's snow globe of small forest creatures.


HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GEOFF!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen to all of the above. I have personally witnessed almost all of the items on Darcie's list. Geoff is indeed a most outstanding person and loved and appreciated by his mother-in-law. Happy birthday!

ashley said...

The world is definitely a better place with you in it, Geoff! I just knew you'd have a wonderful celebration on your big day...you deserve it!

I had to laugh about #26 because I think you were the first to notice when I was pregnant with Nina (like, barely pregnant!) and you have definitely spotted new haircuts where even my family hasn't noticed. Must be growing up with all those girls! What a great list Darcie made, I think they sum Geoff Davis up perfectly.

Enjoy your week! Btw, the tissue paper is a good look for you ;)

Mitch Brinton said...

Geoff impresses me for many reasons. Mostly, I love how he encourages creativity in his girls and how he plays with them. Too many dads feign interest. Not so with Geoff.

I also love his entrepreneurial spirit.