Turning 40 is pretty strange. There is a "Half over" feel about it. I'm still trying to process that feeling. Geoff has been doing everything possible to make this hefty birthday great. He took over the cooking ALL week! (My days feel so long!) He made all of the arrangements for our snowshoeing adventure today. He made me some chocolate waffles with ice cream tonight. (Well, I think those were more for him but it served double duty.) And he has a surprise that involves many family members that is yet to be revealed. It has been a perfect day.
We've had lousy rainy weather for days. But today is was clear and sunny. Just for me. We drove an hour to Donner Lake State Park and had our first go at snowshoeing.

We ate at a little local place in Truckee then headed home in time to get your phone messages and calls. Thanks for remembering me!
I'm off to count my gray hairs...
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Darcie Davis!!! I was just thinking about you and trying to remember if your birthday was 2 days before Christmas or 2 days after. DANG! I'm sorry I wasn't one of those friends who remembered you ON your birthday :( If it makes you feel any better, I forgot Zig's bday this year and only when the stake president called in the evening and asked me to tell him Happy Birthday did it occur to me. And I had already asked him to make dinner that night because I was tired. HA! I felt like such a sweet wife. Anyway, I hope you had lovely day. You are such a dear friend to me and I treasure our friendship and all the fun memories we've had together. I can't wait to hear about the Davis celebration....XOXO
oh darc! what a great birthday! i am so happy you were born and love all 40 yrs of your life! this post made me so happy that you were throughly celebrated! happy happy birthday! love you!
Post a Comment