Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!

There is nothing like kids on Christmas morning...


Ceci tried to be a little more controlled...

The girls woke up at 3:30AM. I woke up to their giggles and shrieks on the stairs at 4:15 after they had bumped into Geoff's dad and explored the stockings a little "without touching". I reminded them that 6:30 was The Hour and they were to stay in their room until then. Geoff woke up just before the designated time and was surprised not to hear the girls. He approached their room to hear a whisper, "...fifty-seven, fifty-eight, fifty-nine..." and then the three of them charged out of the room, nearly running Geoff over.

They had left a plea for Santa to leave a lot of candy canes and he didn't disappoint. There must of been a pile of 50+ candy canes near the note.

Trying out the new straw glasses

Adele's cousin gift from Taeya

Adele got two little frog pets!

Fun sticker books from Grandpa and Babsie

When Geoff was little his dad told stories of Solomon the Troll, a troll-looking doll his parents had bought during their years in Switzerland. I'm not sure what happened to the original Solomon, but Geoff made a felt troll cousin of Solomon to continue the story-telling with the grandkids.

Geoff's felted gifts. The Santa was for his mom.


Wrestling with aunt Kiki

Christmas brunch (Ceci got face paints in her stocking and I let her go loose on me, as you can see)

Adele bought Kipper a bone for Christmas. After he opened it she said, "I can't believe I spent more on my freakin' dog's present ($5) than on my sister's ($4 for Tennie's gift)!"

Ceci got to Nikki too

New robes from Mormor, new slippers from mom and dad, and new feather pillows from grandma...
the girls are in heaven


Tennie got slippers from Mormor

Best of all was the father and son gift exchange. Geoff's dad had complimented Geoff on a leather jacket he has, and had begun to look for one for himself. He never seemed to like the ones he found as much as Geoff's. One that he brought home Geoff commented that he liked, but that was the end of it. So both wrapped up the admired coats for the other on Christmas morning.


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

ashley said...

Whoa, the Davis family has some serious skills...from the felting to the face painting, I'm impressed! That elf guy is really good! I can just imagine your girls and their excitement! I can't believe how early they woke up..holy freak! that is some major determination. Merry Christmas. We were gone most of today and so sad we missed your calls. We'll try you tomorrow!

Jacob said...

what a great christmas. wish we were there! so sweet about dad and geoff. i was just talking to dad earlier on christmas and he was saying how bummed he was about all his wasted coats! how perfect. what awesome thoughtful men.
britto