Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Camp Whippoorwill - Day 5

Temperatures have been over 100 degrees so we moved the devotional inside today. I know these pictures look the same after awhile, but each kid will like seeing themselves carrying the flag. It was Adele's turn.


We learned about Betsy Ross and the first American flag today.

Here are the ladies sewing the flag...

...and making a paper flag for the wall

This is Ceci's old lady expression

We had a yummy flag cake to celebrate our stars and stripes

Here are a few blurry "water show" shots.




Monster Truck style over Mitchell

In the afternoon Geoff and his dad took the kids to the American River to play around while Geoff's mom and I stayed home in a quiet house. God bless our selfless husbands! The water is still really cold, but it didn't deter the kids from swimming.




Ceci is jumping to a stranger who was willing to catch her, I guess



The dads and kids slept (poorly!) in a tent down by the pond. They roasted hot dogs and had s'mores...kid heaven right here at home.

No comments: