Some acquaintances we have here in Auburn (our kids are friends) offered us the use of their beach house in Dillon Beach. Just driving to Dillon Beach is a vacation. It is like a quaint Sunday drive through English countryside with rolling hills filled with cows and goats, and adorable little cottages and barns here and there. We contemplated becoming ranchers just so we could live on the hillside looking over the ocean! It was spectacular.
The weather was wonderfully sunny but with the exceptions of a few mornings the wind was biting cold. We did get out, though.
We love to explore the rocky tide pools at the beach so a post wouldn't be complete without starfish photos...
Despite the frigid water Geoff introduced Tennie and Ceci to surfing. The waves were perfectly small to get used to the balancing on the board, and the lessons were short to help them get used to the feel of wetsuits and being cold!
Thank you to our wonderfully generous friends!
The weather was wonderfully sunny but with the exceptions of a few mornings the wind was biting cold. We did get out, though.
We love to explore the rocky tide pools at the beach so a post wouldn't be complete without starfish photos...
We borrowed this starfish for a few hours to paint it.
Despite the frigid water Geoff introduced Tennie and Ceci to surfing. The waves were perfectly small to get used to the balancing on the board, and the lessons were short to help them get used to the feel of wetsuits and being cold!
I love Ceci's shadow in this picture
Ceci
Tennie
The path to the beach
I took a few pictures of the beautiful beach house. It was so relaxing and comfortable!
The master bedroom with views of the ocean from every window
Thank you to our wonderfully generous friends!















2 comments:
What a treat! I'm dying for a beach get away; I'm so glad you all got to go! I love the starfish! And Geoff's painting was amazing! I want a copy. The surfing pictures made me smile ear to ear. Ahhhhh, the ocean. I'm so so happy you got to go.
What a beautiful place, Darcie! Looks like you had a nice relaxing week. Sad we couldn't join you because we sure miss you guys!
Post a Comment