Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ordinary week

I don't have a single picture from this week.  But if I did I would have pictures of blossoms on the trees and daffodils on the hill, the girls riding their bikes back and forth on the driveway following a very well thought out travel system (to avoid collisions), the girls hoola-hooping, the girl's and I sorting and organizing seasonal clothing to put away the fleece and get out the lightweights, me at the computer trying to capture a lot of thoughts and learnings in my journal, us at the Poetic License play by the girl's older friends followed by dinner at a delicious Italian restaurant with Dana Solomon and her delightful sons, Geoff and I with a man who recently joined the church at the temple for the first time, me out visiting people with our valiant three sister missionaries, Tennie getting in the car and without taking a single breath asking to turn on the radio and then switching around stations looking for the best song, me taxiing girls to and from art, drama and writing classes, me meeting with our contact at the charter school signing roll sheets and handing in samples of the work, watching Adele take an interest in reading for the first time, us finding piles of chicken feathers after a raccoon ambush and losing one chicken to the raccoon, losing one chicken to raccoon injuries, and nursing another injured chicken back to health, Geoff surrounded by a mountain of tissue as he fights off a cold, and then of course the girls writing stories, drawing ream-loads of drawings, doing math worksheets and lessons, and all of the myriad of activities of a typical week of homeschooling and home keeping.

Life as usual.

1 comment:

April Cobb said...

Darcie, I think that the weather and the flowers you are experiencing would do wonders for my mood right now. It has been like Spring all winter in Utah but spring here is not like Spring in California. It is still hard to get through. I love the picture you have painted of your week through words. I always hope that I have captured the day-to-day in my journal because it is so fleeting and yet so important. The days fly by, and our kids keep growing. You remind me to treasure those moments. xo April