Sunday, March 25, 2012

Miss Ten is TWELVE!


Tennie turned 12 on Thursday.  That means she goes into the youth organization at church which includes weekly activities, girl's camp, and fun outings.  That means she is nearly a teenager.  That means my little Tennie is no longer little.

Tennie is an amazingly delightful tween.  With her strong will and independence I thought we might experience rougher waters, but so far she is continuing to show her thoughtful, generous nature with an amazing desire to be and do good.  That doesn't mean she doesn't occasionally roll her eyes, stomp off or slam doors, but those moments are the exception.  She is increasingly responsible, engages in more intellectual conversation, takes interest in grown-up activities and is finding she isn't interested in the same things she used to be.  Watching her transition to young womanhood has been bittersweet, but I see her exuberance and leadership are just changing their look.

I'm so grateful to be her mom.

No comments: