I have had a difficult time sitting down to write about our first week of SUMMER! I have been neglectful about taking pictures of all that has been going on. So I will sum up our first week back home in the good ol' USA, and then I will be better about keeping up on our summer fun.
We take so much for granted in the marvelous country we live in. Paved, wide roads, clean water from the tap, large produce sections and endless choices of good food to eat, garbage disposals and sidewalks. We are so grateful for our experience in Central America, and we are so grateful to be home.
In the past week we went to the sealing (marriage in a temple) of our dear friends Bobby and Brittany. Bobby was baptized a year ago and it was a privilege to be a part of such a happy occasion. We saw Shakespeare's Tempest put on by TNT, our local theater company that Tennie will join in the fall. We attended our friend's dance recital.
We had an afternoon swim at our friend's Kylie and Cindy's home. I proctored a final for Kylie. I did a lot of catching up on my church responsibilities. Tennie had three youth activities. Geoff locked himself away all week to catch up on his professional commitments. He cleaned out the pool. The girls spent hours and hours outside reuniting with their guinea pigs, and getting acquainted with some new chicks in the coop. Adele's guinea pig had an overnight stay at the vet for reactions to some kind of poison. The girl's were in a TNT Summer Camp all week. Adele went with Geoff's parents to Idaho for a cousin's baptism (and is still there). And I have washed and folded enormous amounts of laundry, cleaned out our pantry which was the beginning of a large scale de-cluttering of our space here at Geoff's parent's home. This is no small feat and will take me weeks (but feels sooo good!) And today is Father's Day. Oh how we love the dads in this home!
There. I'm caught up.
We take so much for granted in the marvelous country we live in. Paved, wide roads, clean water from the tap, large produce sections and endless choices of good food to eat, garbage disposals and sidewalks. We are so grateful for our experience in Central America, and we are so grateful to be home.
In the past week we went to the sealing (marriage in a temple) of our dear friends Bobby and Brittany. Bobby was baptized a year ago and it was a privilege to be a part of such a happy occasion. We saw Shakespeare's Tempest put on by TNT, our local theater company that Tennie will join in the fall. We attended our friend's dance recital.
Anna
Kylie
We had an afternoon swim at our friend's Kylie and Cindy's home. I proctored a final for Kylie. I did a lot of catching up on my church responsibilities. Tennie had three youth activities. Geoff locked himself away all week to catch up on his professional commitments. He cleaned out the pool. The girls spent hours and hours outside reuniting with their guinea pigs, and getting acquainted with some new chicks in the coop. Adele's guinea pig had an overnight stay at the vet for reactions to some kind of poison. The girl's were in a TNT Summer Camp all week. Adele went with Geoff's parents to Idaho for a cousin's baptism (and is still there). And I have washed and folded enormous amounts of laundry, cleaned out our pantry which was the beginning of a large scale de-cluttering of our space here at Geoff's parent's home. This is no small feat and will take me weeks (but feels sooo good!) And today is Father's Day. Oh how we love the dads in this home!
There. I'm caught up.
No comments:
Post a Comment