Thursday, July 5, 2012

Independence Day

I love the Fourth of July.  I love the flags and songs and gathering of family and friends.  I love BBQs and watermelon and potato salad and other summer icons that are at their peak.  I love the fireworks and remembering all of the sacrifice in battle that has given me the freedom to live as I do.  I deeply appreciate being free and having a day to celebrate it.

We had a ward 4th of July breakfast in a yard that has just about everything a kid could dream of.  Our kids spent most of the time in the pool.  On the diving board.


I saw our sister missionaries there and remembered holidays were hard when I was a missionary.  We invited them for a BBQ lunch and flag cake courtesy of Adele.


We went to watch the fireworks at the courthouse.  Our friends Cindy and Kylie, and Dana and Anna, came to share our blanket.  We stayed until 11:00 talking while the girls ran and explored the courthouse and shared secrets.

Whenever I download pictures there are a few taken by the girls.  Here is an example.  I actually love this close-up of Ceci with her blue eyes, long dark lashes and sun-kissed hair.

 The girls with Anna and Kylie

No comments: