Monday, October 28, 2013

Halloween Tricks

When I was a little girl I used to bite off the yellow and orange parts of a candy corn and tell my mom I had lost a tooth.  It worked every time, or at least my mom led me to believe it did!  Adele pulled the same trick on me this week, and had she not had her 'I'm-trying-not-to-let-on-that-I'm-pulling-your-leg' face on I just might have believed it.


This week at the girl's piano teacher's home they noticed the paper on his family's front door that declared that they had been BOOed.  (This mean someone in the neighborhood had anonymously left them goodies and they were to pass on the BOO to another home.)  The girls lamented that they weren't going to get BOOed in an apartment building.  As a matter-of-fact, they might never get BOOed in their entire lives!

That afternoon Adele sneakily BOOed Tennie's bedroom door.  She was beside herself with excitement at the idea.  An inside BOO job!


Later Tennie BOOed Adele and Ceci's door.  They all seemed content with their BOOing.   But then later that night when we were heading out somewhere we found this cute little get-up outside our door.


Who in the world would carve a pumpkin, fill it with candy, and dress it up?  Immediately we suspected our adorable, older neighbor, Mr. King.  And just then he came out and fessed up.  Can you believe how awesome he is?  It was a genuine BOO.  (They later BOOed him back with chocolate chip pumpkin muffins and local apples.)

And today Mr. Bones came to lunch.  I don't know what is so exciting about this guest, but he sure gets an overwhelming welcome!


 Halloween is a'brewin around here!

No comments: