Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Approaching Halloween...

Other than Geoff's sunset post yesterday we've been pretty quiet here on the blog. We're alive, I've just been busy with life. Usually by the time I get the girls in bed I'm collapsing in bed myself!

A family at church invited us to a Halloween party. They lived in Utah for several years. The children are grown and it didn't sound like a little kid party but we decided to make the hour trek to Vence for the girls. They are longing for English speakers, friends, and social interactions. I told the girls they had to come up with a costume using things we had around the house. We ended up with two cats and a pig.

Tonight we had a skeleton for dinner. (Thanks for the idea, Heytar!) Our girls go wild over these kinds of things. They loved the bones and "guts".


They insisted that we turn all the lights off during dinner while they told spooky stories and jokes. We got some good laughs as Ceci's story was all about someone going to a graveyard and eating bones, each sentence included several exaggerated bites of a breadstick (she was supposed to finish her other food first and this was her way around it). Now they want me to come up with a "visitor" every night...

1 comment:

ashley said...

I'm definitely going to do this! I always do chili and cornbread on Halloween, but I made it last week for the ward party and I'm not ready for chili again. Plus, how fun!