After a family sleepover at the Christensen's in their charming Piedmont home we went to a really good restaurant in Berkeley called Chez Panisse. The girls and I had read a little story book written by the restaurant owner about her young daughter Fanny. It is written for kids, and includes fresh, garden recipes at the end. We had tried some of the recipes, all of which were delicious. The food at Chez Panisse was amazing. The girls watched their pizza be made, and the pizza chef gave them some dough to play with. After lunch the manager took the girls all throughout the busy kitchen, and out back to the freezers where fresh meats and cheese are kept. It was really a fun outing. We went home so we could continue with our birthday weekend!
Sunday, September 20th, was Ceci's 5th birthday! She really wanted a My Little Pony birthday so she woke up to a lot of white and pink balloons and streamers, and Mormor had bought a My Little Pony house with some ponies and put it at the center of the table.

Ceci was concerned about turning five. She still wanted to be able to cuddle. I assured her I would cuddle her as long as she wanted! She told me she would still cuddle with me when she is in college.
After church we had our traditional birthday treasure hunt. This is always a good way to get out the birthday anxiety/energy (Clues are upstairs then downstairs over and over again!)
1 comment:
oh Ceci, you are just too cute. I'll cuddle you too when you're in college! What a fun birthday...thank goodness you got the streamers up, Darcie :) I love the cake and the birthday tackles. So darling, all of it!
Post a Comment