A few weeks ago I flew to Colorado at the last minute to help my dad and his wife Babs pack up their home in preparation to move. We made a lot of progress, and fit in some good card games during breaks. In addition, my dad started his radiation treatment and I drove him to and from the hospital every day. He termed it "Rads". He'd say, "I'm going in for Rads today." Or, "I'm a Rad man." Eventually we got him on a Rads diet to maximize his bodies response to the radiation. It is a huge blessing to have the flexibility to help them out during this crazy time in their lives. I came home for the Birthday Weekend and then Geoff flew to Colorado on Monday and will be there through this next week.
Here is my dad feasting after his first day on his "Rads dinner". His optimism and humor continue to inspire me.
While I was in Colorado Geoff took over Z School full-time. He got a taste of it's demands, and the girls had a blast with his easy-going, flexible approach.
Old Town Sacramento
2 comments:
hi again Darcie! It's so much fun to see your cute family. Maybe Liz Browing and Me and Tauna can come up and see you if you are in Nor. CA for much longer. Write me if you have time! alifraser@sbcglobal.net
Fun to see Geoff's Z School experience. It looked like Geoff had a partner all week with some pretty fun activities! Gotta love grandmothers!
I have some new tennis ideas for you too. I'll try to email you them this week. Nina's teacher is the head pro at the tennis club and he does lots of hand-eye coordination type stuff which is SO helpful.
And one other thing...did you check the Nie blog? Looks like she's going to be on Oprah!! Well, I'm presuming, but it seems pretty obvious.
The thought just occurred to me that I'm using your blog like I would email. Sorry ;)
Post a Comment