Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Let's give a big welcome...

The girls and I frequent the local farm and feed store, Echo Valley Ranch. We buy our eggs there, we bought the bunnies there, we buy our rabbit and guinea pig food there, and today....

the girls and Geoff's mom picked up five CHICKENS! That's right, Geoff's parents are the owners of chickens. Each grandchild will get to name and care for one when they are here. That means a pretty full-time job for the Davis sisters, and they couldn't be more excited.








Four more come at the end of the month, in time for Blackberry Days (our family reunion). Once the chickens are claimed and named I'll post the girls and their hens...their names are always too good to not share.

We can't wait for those eggs to start coming!

1 comment:

ashley said...

Alright, Davises! I'm sure chicks will be handled plenty which will make them very friendly. I love chickens!