While there he made his way to the Lima Peru Temple.


The summer between Geoff's graduate school years, when Tennie was 3-6 months old, we lived in a little Colonial town in Southern Mexico, San Cristobol de Las Casas, for the summer. Geoff was consulting with a microfinance program there, and I helped out by interviewing women to see if and how their lives were impacted by getting a loan. It was a very cool and life changing experience. The hillside where the poorest of the poor in the town lived was called "Ormigas" which means "ants". This hill just outside Lima reminds me of Ormigas. I was really wishing the girls and I were there with Geoff.
Geoff and a few of the others did some surfing during a little free time.
If you haven't ever heard of Kiva they are worth an explore. We have a little jar of growing spare change in the laundry room and the girls are excited to give a $25 loan as soon as they have enough.

No comments:
Post a Comment