Sunday, August 5, 2012

Catching Up

The girls had a few crazes this week.  First, jumping off the boat into our pond.  Normally I would applaud such a quintessential kid summer activity...only we didn't clean out the pond this summer.  


Look at that water!  The first day they came in dripping with green algae or moss or whatever that is growing in the water, and they didn't smell good.  After creating a pond protocol their pond adventures continue with a lot less mess.  But how do I test for Giardia?

Tennie learned how to make friendship bracelets at a Young Women activity and the other two caught on.  They spent hours creating bracelets until they couldn't think of any more people to give them to.


In between the pond and bracelets the girls went to tennis camp.  


Nice, Tennie's got her finger up, following the ball...


I love Ceci's finger, still pointed.  Look at the concentration on her face.  Adele was not in good humor the day I had my camera out.

We had our good friends, the Sanders, over for dinner.  Dana was the director of all of the girl's plays, and her kids have been good friends over the years.  Sadly they are moving in the next few weeks.  We also had the sister missionaries over.  Sister Montgomery has been with us for a LONG time and was moving to a new area.  We'll miss her!


Geoff has been in Central America the second half of this week.  Geoff's mom returned from a few weeks in Utah helping out with Geoff's sister Emily who is in the hospital with a high risk pregnancy. (She is at 24 weeks and in the hospital for the duration of her pregnancy!)  My dad has asked that I pull together a Brinton family reunion.  I was going to throw it together this weekend but have set the date for late August.  We've been following the European adventures of Geoff's sisters Brittany and Nikki who are in our beloved Menton as I type!  And lastly, Tennie was complaining of pain in her elbow a few days ago so we took her in to urgent care.  After x-rays and a radiologist's review we aren't sure what is causing her elbow lump, redness and pain, but we're set to see an ortho in the next week or two.  Until then she is in a splint, and her summer pond swimming days are likely over.

And that is our week in a nutshell!

No comments: