Adele had her first cooking class this past week and made Caesar Salad, one of her favorite dishes. It was delicious! Homemade croutons, homemade dressing, BBQ chicken...she worked hard.
These cooking classes are just one on one with me in the kitchen. Unless I set out with purpose like this I get to overwhelmed with the girl's help in the kitchen, and I prefer to cook alone. But the skill is too important and this was a way I could teach them some basic skills. I admire my friends whose kids sit on the counter and have their hands in the batter. I wish that my personality could do that, but it can't, so this is my solution.
The girls pick a recipe (right now their cookbook of choice is a cookbook called Teens Cook), write the ingredients on my grocery list, and then make it on their own with me in the kitchen giving them tips as they go. They cook enough to feed the whole family lunch.
No comments:
Post a Comment