Years ago I was inspired by a post on nieniedialogs about a back-to-school dinner she did for her kids. I decided to try our own and I came up with our own theme and made crowns. The girls loved it. Last year we did the dinner. No crowns. This year Adele must have asked me 5 times if we could have crowns, and around 4:00 yesterday afternoon I figured I would try to pull some crowns together. I decided to check out what nieniedialogs (August 20th) did this year and stared in awe at what that woman pulls off! My dinner and crowns, by both desire and necessity, area a "good enough" version.
The character traits we are focusing on this year are Hard Work, Commitment & Responsibility. After taking these pictures we talked about why we didn't have Silliness, Fun, Creativity and Imagination on the crowns! Developing character is hard work in and of itself, and this year we're going to strengthen our character muscles.
Ceci has been figuring her way around not having pierced ears, and not
getting anywhere with Geoff and me about getting them pierced before she
is ten...(yes, that is masking tape)
(Luckily my girls don't know about nienie's blog. They thought our dinner was perfect!)




No comments:
Post a Comment