
We went to an area called Apple Hill on Friday. I thought Apple Hill was a nice little country farm where we could pick apples at our leisure, and maybe buy a some fresh cider to take home. Instead it is an
area with a lot of apple farms that take advantage of fall pleasure seekers, and invite bus-loads of children and tourists. There were stands selling all sorts of things, like crocheted hot pads and geodes. Everything cost something. Despite the good ol' American commercialism on a trip to the country for some apples, we had a good time.
The girls loved feeding the animals

A hay maze is always good for an hour of entertainment




A little nature walk was very fun, and beautiful

We bought some apples
in a bag, and some yummy apple cider
from a fridge in a busy market at the "Apple Farm". Forgive my cynicism. Really, does capitalism and commercialism
have to go together?
1 comment:
From your photos you can't see the throngs of people so it looks really nice. But I totally hear you on the bus-loads of people and commercialism. At least the girls look like they had a great time! It looks like everyone is feeling good and all are healthy. Yea! Nina just came down with the flu yesterday so I think it's our turn. I'm almost relieved we have it with the insane obsession about the flu this year. Good grief, half our church meetings were on hand washing and not shaking hands, etc.
Post a Comment