Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Halloween

I used to have fun making elaborate costumes for the girls when they were little...that lasted about two years. Now I tell them to look through the costume box, borrow, and create. Has anyone noticed that Halloween has become a season like Christmas? There are school parties, neighborhood parties, church parties, office parties, adult-friend parties, kid-friend parties, pumpkin parties, your grocery store party, your mechanic has something for the kids...it goes on and on! While I'm a big fan of dressing up, and a little candy is fun...I sort of miss it being a day long. Pretty soon Real Simple and Better Homes and Garden will have headlines saying, "How to Simplify Your Halloween Season".

Geoff was at the tail end of his turn being sick so he didn't participate in all the festivities, but he didn't drag his Carnival costume half way around the world for nothing(!)...he at least dressed up for the photo shoot. Tennie is Little Red, Ceci an angel, and Adele, of course, a cowgirl. (Kipper was dressed up like a movie star but I don't know where that picture is...)

I had one wish...find a Recess Peanut Butter Cup for me. First house...look at Adele and Tennie's excitement to fulfill their mom's rare candy request!

I love this little picture of Ceci

Ahhh, the loot. We let our kids eat as much as they want on Halloween and that is it. They ate a bunch, but all of them stopped before we said, "Time's up" because they "didn't want to feel sick". Blessed words.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Oh, Darcie, I'm so with you. I never made my own elaborate costumes, but I would run all over town trying to find that last accessory the costume needed. Not this year, I also sent the kids to the dress-ups and everyone was happy. I love fall, and I know how fun Halloween is for kids, but yeah, it's getting pretty over the top.