We roomed together in college, lived in Washington, D.C. at the same time, and have kept in touch these many years. Now she lives only one hour away and I haven't seen her all year! A few weeks ago the two of us met up for lunch, and this past week we got our kids together to play. We're determined to take advantage of living such a short distance apart. And I must add, after my lanky, red-head comment, that Hayley grew up to be one of the most gorgeous and graceful women I know.
Monday, June 21, 2010
A kindred spirit
The summer I was 16-years-old a new family moved into the neighborhood. They had five boys and one girl who was my age, named Hayley. She was lanky and a slightly awkward red head. (She doesn't read my blog so I can speak freely...he he). I thought I would befriend her until school started and she made some new friends, but she ended up being a true "kindred spirit" as our favorite Anne of Green Gables would say. (We loved that movie so much we even took a trip to Prince Edward Island a few months before I was married.)
We roomed together in college, lived in Washington, D.C. at the same time, and have kept in touch these many years. Now she lives only one hour away and I haven't seen her all year! A few weeks ago the two of us met up for lunch, and this past week we got our kids together to play. We're determined to take advantage of living such a short distance apart. And I must add, after my lanky, red-head comment, that Hayley grew up to be one of the most gorgeous and graceful women I know.
Ceci really wanted to master swimming. She asked Hayley if she would help her swim. Ceci swam between the two of us for about 10 minutes and got the hang of it! She showed great determination.


We roomed together in college, lived in Washington, D.C. at the same time, and have kept in touch these many years. Now she lives only one hour away and I haven't seen her all year! A few weeks ago the two of us met up for lunch, and this past week we got our kids together to play. We're determined to take advantage of living such a short distance apart. And I must add, after my lanky, red-head comment, that Hayley grew up to be one of the most gorgeous and graceful women I know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm with Adele. You do need chickens Darcie...easiest pets ever. And the eggs, there's nothing better!
Post a Comment