I'll type out the writing on the back of each picture...
Tennie and her mom like to work in the garden. They pick weeds and plant seeds. Now their garden is beautiful. But more weeds are sprouting.
"Who cares? Just pull 'em up and pull 'em out," they say.
Yummy yummy pizza! Tennie and her mom love to make and bake treats.
"We don't want it to rise in our tummy!" they say, "But that will keep us more full."
(I grimaced that she drew me freaking out about the mess she was making, until she pointed out that we were eating together, and that is a halo around my head. As a matter of fact, she has a halo around each picture of me!)
Once upon a time a little back of an earring was lost.
"Where's mom? Where's mom?" she asked everyone. The little earring back wandered into Claire's.
"Mom? Mom?" she called.
"Little back? Is that you?" her mother earring called from a drawer.
"Momma!" Little back called.
She climbed into a drawer with her mother. Later that day a girl named Tennie and her mom walked into the shop.
"We would like to get Tennie's ears pierced," the mom named Darcie said.
"All right," said the manager. So she pierced them. And to this day Little back and her mother live in a little fancy box with Tennie on a big house on a hill.
The End
I dedicate this book to my awesome mom.
T.D.
T.D.
I'm not sure what it is about this little "book" that brings me so much joy. Maybe it is that Tennie is smiling in every picture, or that she put a halo around me in every picture, or that each picture is of the two of us doing things together, or the winking sun smiling down on our garden labors. I imagine it is because, like every mom, I'm aware of my shortcomings with each of my kids...and even with those obvious weaknesses this daughter thinks I'm awesome. That is true love. I'm overpaid.
2 comments:
I love her illustrations and the way she captures emotions and movement! What a treasure!
Darc, you (and Tennie) are making me cry. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment