Saturday, October 15, 2016

June 2016 and The Garn Reunion

One day I turned on my phone and the pictures were just white squares, and they wouldn't load onto my computer. As I am going over May and June I'm realizing what pictures were blank, and I lost. My pictures are pretty sparse, so I'll give a quick overview of the month with what pictures I have.

Adele started her CHOICE Humanitarian Junior Board meetings in June. This came about because Geoff and Adele went to a benefit breakfast and met the CEO. Adele asked if she could meet with her sometime to ask about non-profit work. When Adele and I went to the meeting with the CEO (Leah), instead of Adele asking her questions, she asked Adele if she would be the chairman of a new youth board! It was an unexpected turn of events and Adele loves it.

Ceci was in a Primary Children's Hospital commercial. Here is a YouTube link to the 30 second spot.

School ended for Tennie and Adele, and Tennie took off to EFY at BYU the first week of summer. She roomed with her friend Sonya and had a blast. While she was gone we met some Utah Davises at Jordanelle Reservoir to kick off summer:



Davey's brother Jamie wrote an opera that was put on at BYU. We went to see it. Amazing!


I don't know where Geoff is in the following pictures, but they were in June... (I think it is California or Florida - whale watching and on the beach, obviously.)



For nearly two weeks we had the absolute dreamy privilege of staying with Kate and Eli when Erica had her babies and was in the hospital for four days. Then, we stayed for another weekish helping when those new twins came home! Four under the age of three! The first week home with babies is magical, and we got to be a part of it. Sadly, I lost all of the pictures of those adorable four cuties.

We were walking longer and longer distances throughout June to prepare for trek! Elder Ballard gave a fireside to our youth that was awesome! We had been having trek preparation activities since the beginning of the year and things were winding up.

I hosted a cousin camp and lost all the pictures! Ugh! Due to lack of spare days, this cousin camp was only 2 days. It wasn't as organized as last year, but at least they got together. We went swimming at a fun city pool with platform diving boards, we had a fireside where each cousin got a travel-size Preach My Gospel and we learned about the sword of faith being power, they played night games at the park until late, the older cousins went to the temple to do baptisms, we had lunch, and it was the over. 

The Garn Reunion, held once every three years, was at the Homestead in Midway this year. Being right before trek, which was right before Europe, we drove home to sleep in our own beds each night. I don't have pictures of the games and races and other hoopla of the reunion, but it was a blast as usual. Ceci stayed the last night (July 4th) with Mitch and Joann, while the rest of us went home to sleep early. July 5th at 5:00AM we were headed on Trek.



No comments: