The girls have been hearing about and loving Geneva chocolate for years. Whenever Geoff travelled there for business he brought home samples from his favorite chocolate shop. Now that we were finally exploring Geneva it only made sense to go on a Chocolate Tour. But first a little background since this was three weeks ago. We arrived in Geneva late in the evening on Saturday, January 31st after driving through the beautiful Aosta Valley in Northern Italy and stopping for dinner in Chamonix, a town we can’t seem to get enough of! We had just missed a storm so every tree was frosted and the snow was deep but we had clear roads and perfectly blue skies. Sunday morning we met a friend of Geoff’s, Ram, and his wife Chitra and their daughter for brunch and then we went to an English speaking ward (congregation). The girls and I felt some culture shock as we could talk to anyone and we were back with Americans (who work in Geneva for various reasons). We were so warmly welcomed that a family invited us over for dinner after brief introductions! Greg and Suzi Christensen and their three children had been living in Geneva as long as we have lived in France and we had a nice time getting to know them. The girls loved playing with their three kids and all of their toys! After having free communication with other children, and with a chocolate tour scheduled for the next day, the girls were adamant that we move to Geneva.

Chocolate Tour
I like just about any kind of chocolate whether it is made in-house and kept at the right temperature or a plain ol’ Hershey’s Kiss. I was doubtful that I would prefer chocolate one shop from the next. Geoff assured me that I would and he was right. His favorite chocolate shop was so scrumptious we fit it in twice on the tour. The girls were just happy to have the green light to eat a tremendous amount of chocolate in one day!
1 comment:
A chocolate tour? Could anything be more exciting to a child...or an adult for that matter?! Okay, I'm a little green with envy. I just read a book all about chocolate and all the best little chocolate shops in France.
That hot cocoa, Adele, looks divine! I really need a sip of that :)
Post a Comment