I feel the desire for a fresh start. Ideally it would be a new beginning after this temporary life we’re living; in our own home with a paying job. It has been just over two years since Geoff stopped working, and it has almost been one year since we returned from our year in France! So I’m ready for a fresh start, and I’m going to make it happen right here on blogspot!
Our temporary life has been one of the most challenging and exhilarating chapters in our lives. France was amazing. It turned our family inside out and changed us forever. This past nine months living with Geoff’s parents has been equally defining for us as a family. I haven’t written about it much. Mostly because I haven’t had the time, but also it isn’t easy to write what you are learning in the middle of an intensive crash course! Lately, though, I have been longing to write about what we’ve been learning here, our changing perceptions, and our attempts at putting new things in to practice. I want our girls to grow up and read why we did the things we did; what worked and didn’t work. Mostly I want them to know how deliberate their parents were in trying to give them the best chance at reaching their full potential that they could, and how they tried to go about it. Basically, in addition to our on-going photo scrapbook, I want to more deeply record our life story.
So, here is to one fresh start, today…on blogspot.
1 comment:
I love the new look. I've been thinking the same thing as far as content goes, Darcie. Right now my posts are just photos, mainly. It's so hard to write when there are so few uninterrupted moments, hopefully that will change soon. Looking forward to your "new" blog!
Post a Comment