Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tea Party


I am far too practical to be fancy, and that is why I'm so grateful we have the tradition of a Tea Party on Geoff's mom's birthday. It gives us a reason to practice our "finer" etiquette at least once a year!

This year we were lucky enough to have the tradition with the honorary birthday girl herself! She replaced my set table with real china and silver, and taught us a thing or two about enjoying a moment of refinement in the middle of a routine day. We heard stories about how she used to love having tea with her Danish grandmother while studying at the University of Copenhagen. Her grandmother always had the most dainty tea cups, and finest little tea spoons.

Like Mesha's memories of her grandmother, our girls will always remember that their Mormor loved beautiful things. It was a special occasion...that is until we rushed off to horse lessons!

1 comment:

ashley said...

oh, that' so sweet..lucky little girls! your whole living situation is looking pretty nice!! If I lived with my mom for a bit, I think the first thing I would do is take a month-long nap :)