Wednesday, May 19, 2010

They've found Geoff out!

This morning as the girls were finishing breakfast I began to puree some fruit to make Popsicles. Tennie asked if she could work the food processor and I said yes. After Tennie took over, a priceless conversation took place:

Somewhat triumphantly Adele informs the others, "Dad said I make the best puree."

A very brief moment of silence.

Ceci says confused, "Dad told me I made the best puree."

Another brief moment of silence.

Tennie, still at the food processor, said with a dawning smile, "Dad told me I made the best puree."

I laughed out loud. Tennie was filled with even more admiration for her dad who has the ability to make all of them feel like they are the best. Adele was crushed and kept trying to restate exactly what it was that Geoff told her ("Well he said mine was the best he had ever tasted."), and Ceci, after a moment of confusion and then disappointment, was over it. I was filled with wonder at when Geoff did so much one on one pureeing!

1 comment:

ashley said...

that's exactly what I was thinking, wow, you guys do a lot of pureeing!