Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Flu Be Gone!

After 9 days of being housebound with the flu the girls are finally ready to move on with regular life; poor Geoff is in the middle of flu misery, and so far I'm holding strong. After many pots of soup, countless batches of fresh-squeezed orange juice and lemon/ginger tea, mountains of used tissue, naps, and much complaining we aired out the house today, the girls played outside, and I had a moment of rest. Nothing like a horrible cold or flu to make regular life seem FANTASTIC!

Adele's friend gave her a little bird-feeder sock and some seed for her birthday. Goldfinches flock to it constantly. For a girl who wants 100 pets, this was a great present.

A few days ago the girls bundled up and laid out a blanket to watch the birds. When I looked out the window to check on them this is what I saw:

Nothing like napping in the sun!

When the girls had spurts of feeling well they played their usual games...

Playing "Old people" (Can you see the band-aid on her nose?)

No comments: