The other day Adele told Ceci her hair looked "puffy...like Sister Hardman's" (last year Sister Hardman was both Ceci and Adele's Primary teacher). She followed up with saying she knew Ceci didn't have hairspray in her hair like Sister Hardman. I asked how she knew Sister Hardman used hairspray, and she told me, "One day in class Sister Hardman invited us up to a small table to look at some pictures. On the way up I just
HAD to touch her hair." I asked if she touched it and she said, "I went up and touched Sister Hardman's hair (full of hairspray), and Ceci saw me do it, and she reached over and touched her hair too...and then the other kids lined up to touch her hair, but Sister Hardman said, 'Now, now children... let's not do that.'"

Yesterday the girls and I talked about crushes on boys (and how they would NEVER tell Geoff or me about them) when Ceci said, "Yeah, and it isn't very fun to be
crushed on!" (For someone to have a crush on you).
Today on the way to church we had a conversation that shows the personality differences between two of my girls perfectly. Adele said, "Mom, I have two favorite words." I asked what they were. "Horses and...gentle." I asked if she liked the word 'gentle' for the way it sounds or for what it means. She thoughtfully replied, "Both." We then talked about people we knew who were gentle. Then Tennie offered, "I have a favorite word...BOP!" I guess that about sums them up!
No comments:
Post a Comment