Sunday, May 27, 2012

Settled In

We're more than halfway through our Costa Rican adventure.  It has taken me about this long to wind down from the crazy month before we left, to adjust to the heat and humidity (I think I have actually adjusted!), to be mostly okay with the nightly ant slaughter, and the crabs and lizards I find in our bathrooms, showers, closets, etc., the mosquitoes that hang around after the rain, and I'm getting in the ocean every day which is kind of a big deal for me as I don't love being in water for some reason.  I feel that my soul has finally joined my body in being here.

This was an injured Cicada rescue.  They run into the windows and conk themselves out.


A guy walks along the beach every day yelling, "Pipa!"  He cuts open the green (peeled) coconut and sticks in a straw for the delicious and refreshing coconut water - all for $2

After a few ride-alongs with Geoff Ceci caught the body boarding bug

A larger lizard in the front yard (above is a "smaller" lizard that lives in the tree behind the house.
We've named him Pete.

A little crab that likes to hang out behind our front door handle

This is the biggest lizard we've seen.  It lives at the same hotel as JoJo the monkey.

No comments: