Today is the kind of day we came for...slow. We read, napped, laid in the sun and ate all of our meals outside. I've been working on organizing the schooling materials, schedules, and yes...chore charts. Food still has to be made and cleaned up, toilet bowls scrubbed, beds made and laundry done. Laundry...our washer is fit for a small load only, and takes one hour and 50 minutes to run it's cycle. We have a dryer, which isn't common around here, and it does dry the clothes when the door is rigged shut with a hair band.
The girl's highlight was capturing a huge, bright green grasshopper. It jumped so high it freaked Tennie and Adele out every time it moved. Ceci stared and it and then picked it up. She is so adventurous, and open to trying new things (she ate a strong-tasting olive and sun-dried tomato yesterday, swallowed a pill the day before, jumped off some rocks into the sea after some fish yesterday...). It is fun seeing her little personality develop!

1 comment:
Darcie! Sharisa told me about your blog! I'm glad you guys made it there safely! We got your card, thank you so much. You really didn't have to bother.
I can't believe how much your beautiful girls have grown! They are so precious...little blondies! I hope that life gets a little bit more practical as you find what works and what doesn't. Please keep updated with our blog too. I'm so glad I can keep up with you guys now. Please send my best to your girls and Geoff. Send me emails and comments on my blog to keep in touch!
Love you so much,
Vanessa
Post a Comment